Wednesday, July 9, 2008

hot, humid, and happy

The first post!
Lexie and Dylan flew out along with Christopher and Luciane and arrived really early this morning. Lexie and Dylan will be here for 3 weeks and Luciane and Christopher only 1 week, but we're so excited to have them all out here! It's Luciane's first visit out to the farm. Christopher and Dylan tried out Joseph's scooter today. We're on a tight driving restriction with gas prices
 so high these days since we live so far out. That makes for a lot of family bonding time :) Everyone out here is doing well. Hopefully the rest of the Cali Merkleys will head out for the last week Lexie and Dylan are here. 



Me and Lexie at the river
Christopher and Luciane  
Carolyn and Parry are holding down the fort. Carolyn is, as I'm writing this, out on the riding mower keeping the grass under control. It's been pretty consistently raining every evening so the grass grows faster than we can mow. 
Sarah is back in Virginia from Park City. She's spending her summer looking for a job out here and riding. I drove cross country in the beginning of June with her, which was really fun. We hauled across the U.S. and made it in 3 days!
I am doing my summer camp on the farm again to earn money for housing and school tuition. I can't believe how fast the summer is going by since I'm already on my 4th week of camp out of 6!
Joseph and Bianca are down in Colombia for the month of July with Bianca's dad and little sister volunteering at an orphanage. As far as I know they are all there safe and everything is going well. 
Well, that's just a little update! I hope this blog continues on after I head back out to BYU in August.

2 comments:

Nancy B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy B. said...

Sorry . . . I found a spelling error (Affra Nelson would expect perfection). Anyway, LOVE the blog! Ahhh . . . summer. Vanessa starts school Aug. 18th so her days are numbered. We've thought of you out there in the country and the price of gas through the roof. It's good you have lots to keep you busy :) Love, The Provo Wests